Monday, May 11, 2009

is this dress too "white" to wear to a wedding?




ok, i need your advice.  i know a wedding guest is *never* supposed to wear white to a wedding, but is champagne ok??  i bought this dress from armour sans anquish on etsy, and i *love* it, so i'm sure i can wear it another time, but is it ok to wear to a wedding?  thoughts?  i bought the cute headband from fascinating creations on etsy.

and how much do we love the upcycled fashions of armour sans anquish?  if you don't know about them, they are awesome, they take existing clothing and upcycle them into fab new fashions.  they have a blog, too.

{photo credit 1 & 2: armour sans anguish, photo 3: fascinating creations}

14 comments:

Rachel said...

It's gorgeous! And not too white at all. Of course, I wouldn't be offended if someone showed up in champagne, but I know some people are a bit touchier. I guess it depends on your friend.

Adriana said...

I agree w/Rachel. Wear it dude; it's pretty!

Two Chicks Nest said...

I love it! By the way, two people wore white to our wedding. One woman wore a white suit and another woman wore a white dress. I don't think anyone mistook them for the brides :)

Emily said...

love it, and not too white!

Lisa said...

Its lovely and I think it would be fine to wear to a wedding. My mother is wearing a similar color dress to my wedding, and I think she'll look great in it. Also, I'd be thrilled if a guest wore a fun hair piece like that! We're getting married in a garden and I'm encouraging the gals to wear garden party hats if they're so inclined.

Trinity said...

It's definitely not too white. I love it too!

Meg said...

It's fiiiiinnnnnneeeee.

christina said...

thanks, ladies!! i knew i should ask you all!! i'll post photos from the wedding as soon as i get them {of course i've already asked them if i can post it!!}

@n: lol!!
@lisa: love garden hats! hooray!

xox

Journal of a ____ said...

I am chiming in a little late but I don't disagree with anyone. Wear it and love it!

Katie Malone Photgraphy said...

wear it! it's lovely!

east side bride said...

love it. love the headpiece. NOT TOO WHITE!

wear that sh*t :)

Ten Thousand Only said...

chiming in kind of late...but just wanted to put in my two words...

WAY OK!

xo

cara said...

It's gorgeous!

We were at a wedding at the weekend where a guest was wearing a backless white see through lace mini dress. I was a little surprised but no one else seemed to mind!

mimi said...

it's a pretty perfect wedding dress. did you wear it? i love it.