Thursday, April 16, 2009

living terrariums {kat geiger}




i may not be able to drive up to the bay area for mothers day, so i was thinking about something to get my mom other than cut flowers.  so predictable & they don't last...then i stumbled upon kat geiger's living terrariums.  aren't these amazing?  she is in the bay area and only does local orders {unfortunately for me she doesn't ship!}, so if you are in the bay area, check her out.  

i think these would also make amazing centerpieces...so dramatic, too.  something living and beautiful that you could give away after the ceremony to your bridal brigade or friends and family!

if you are in oakland, she's having a trunk show this saturday april 18 at a store called urban indigo.  

check out her etsy store and her blog.

4 comments:

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

Good find! How cute would these be as centerpieces at a bridal or baby shower! People would actually want to play one of those games to raffle off the centerpiece!

Mary S. said...

I love these... So beautiful and I think plants make the best gifts!

p.s. Thanks for your comments on Olivet. Oh and now you have to get a bike! Once you get used to it you'll love it!

mimi said...

what a great alternative to flowers! thanks for mom's day idea.

cara said...

They're gorgeous. Normally I don't like house plants (I know, I know. I'm bad.) but I love terrariums. Which until just this minute I thought were called terraniums. I'm a bad environmentalist and an idiot.